Monday, October 26, 2009

Monkeys at the zoo

So Friday Jason and I took Luke to see the monkeys at the zoo (and all the other animals but we really like monkeys!). We were hoping that Luke was finally interested in the zoo all and all the animals since he has now become so aware of everything. Well we got to the Orangutan exhibit and there was one sitting right in front of the glass staring us straight in the eye and Luke couldn't have cared less. He was however watching the Bonobos running a muck in the background and thought it was particularly funny when a bonobo came running up and stole the branch the oranutan was chewing on. That was about it for his entertainment level. He was however interested in people watching and trying (although mama and daddy said so no way) to touch everything in sight.
That is what we spend our days doing now. Trying to tell him no when he touches things he is not supposed to. Right now he smiles really big when you tell him no and then I laugh and Jason gets mad at me. I know Jason is right and I shouldn't laugh but when I see that huge smile on that little man I can't help but laugh.
Luke has finally mastered the Jumperoo. For about a month and a half now we would sit him in it (with towels underneath becuase he was too short) and he would just sit there and not move. Finally the other day I sat him in it and went outside to switch the laundry and when I walked in I heard the music playing (which starts when you jump) sure enough I look over at him and he had the biggest smile and was jumping away. Now he thinks he is a pro!
Here are a few pictures of our adventures from the zoo.
Luke and his orangutan buddy

Luke and daddy
Luke snacking on daddy's head

Luke relaxing in the swing Luke playing on the floor

No comments: