Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I love Luke!!

Well yesterday was a very tough day for me. Luke was very very fussy. From about 2pm to 10:15pm I could do nothing but work on making him happy. I took him for a walk, gave him a bath, and played but nothing worked. My new thing now is to take one of the baby einstein or sunshine kids cd that Valerie made us and turn it up louder than his crying and sit in the dark with our projector on and rock him. He seems to settle down, however he still won't go to bed. Jason had class late last night so it was just me with him and even when Jason came home I knew he had a long day of working and class that I did not want to hand Luke over to him and say your turn (even though he offered). I finally got him down and he yet again slept through the night.

Today he was GREAT. He napped good. He was fantastic at my doctors appointment where he got to see both Great Grandma and Grandma. Then this afternoon Grandma and Papa came over and played with him. This evening we went out to dinner with my entire office for Daniels birthday and aside from puking all over his new outfit and daddy he was great. He didn't make so much as a peep and it was a long night. He finally fell asleep as we were wrapping up and when we got home he was awake and ate his last bottle and had some fun time with mommy and daddy. Once daddy went to sleep him and I hung out and he got tired so I put him in the cradle and he immediately fell asleep no complaining at all. I had so much fun tonight with the work crew. I asked one of the bosses if I could work from home and he said YES!! He did however have too many margaritas and the other bosses said no. I do miss all of them but I can't believe I have to leave Luke. It makes me very sad.

Well Friay is the big day. We begin our day by dropping our little Princess Sophie at my grandmas house and then do the whole travel with my little man. I'm getting nervous because he hasn't pooped since last Thursday and I'm hoping he poops tomorrow and not while we are on the plane. I can't imagine one of his blowouts on an airplane...

1 comment:

Sara St. Jean said...

ugh. i had one of those nights last night too. except there was no sleeping through the night. not too much fussing, but Link seemed to think that night time was the new day time. wish i could have joined the ECLAP crew for margaritas. miss everyone. have fun on your trip.