Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fun times

So we had an awesome weekend last weekend! Friday night was my monthly girls Bunco night. Luke and Jason got to play at the neighbors until bunco was over. Saturday we headed over to Ryan and Loralyn's for game night with all our friends. That was so much fun but with two toddler boys it was a lot of work! Boston and Luke actually got into a fight. They normally get along great but they started fighting over a toy and pushed eachother. Sunday was our next door neighbors kids birthday party. The party was for Ben (10) and Kayla (5). Luke loves Ben so much. Ben pushes him around in Luke's little car, or on a scooter, bike, or skateboard. Kayla loves Luke and pretends he is her little doll! They had a birthday party at the pool and the kids have so much fun. Ben is at the age where he is really into clothes and shopping and he mentioned to me that he really liked Tilly's so we got him a gift card to Tilly's and his face was pretty priceless! He was so happy and can't wait to go shopping! After the party we ran home for a bit and let Luke nap for an hour then we headed down to our neighbor Susie's house for dinner. They have family in from out of town and so we all hung out and had some fun! By Monday morning I was exhausted. I could barely stay awake.

By Tuesday I had started feeling less exhausted and that is good because I have officially given up caffeine again. If you don't know I had not had caffeine in about 2 years but all of a sudden the last few months seems like we are getting busier and busier and I am getting less and less sleep and I started drinking coffee. Now that we are getting a little more serious about having another baby I figure I better cut down on caffeine now so I don't have to do it while I'm tired and not feeling well from being pregnant. Speaking of being pregnant I have 3 pregnant friends right now and could possibly have 2 more pregnant friends within the next couple months. Talk about a lot of new babies!!

A couple of weeks ago I entered a text message contest for a store in Old Town called Hotlicks, which is a hot sauce store. They have nothing but lots and lots of different hot sauces. Well the prize was hot sauce for a year (2 bottles per month so 24 bottles total) and I won!! I got the call yesterday and am super duper excited. I mean really its not as awesome as say winning diapers or gas for a year but its still fun!

This weekend is shaping up to be pretty fun. Saturday we have Ryan's 30th birthday party. All the boys (big boys not baby boys) are going to play laser tag Saturday morning while us girls hang out and do our own thing and then the boys will join us and they are having Pizza and Beer. I'm excited but now that Ryan is 30 makes me sad because I know its my turn next :(

1 comment:

Pam Bowers said...

Oh, come on! The thirties aren't so bad(says the bitter old thirtysomething)! lol

You are crazy busy. I got tired just reading about all the fun you're having.