Friday, September 3, 2010

Doctor's visit

We took Luke to the doctors for a check up and shots yesterday. He weighed in at 21lbs 10oz and 31 inches tall(he has gained 1lb 10oz and grown 2 inches since his 12 month check up). The doctor said he is perfect! Not too thin and definitely not chubby. I always think he is a little chubby especially when I see him next to Aurora and Boston but the doctor made it clear he was not chubby and a little on the too small side but said since he is smaller boned and short like me he was fine. He got his shots and was fine after that. We then picked up dinner and went to a really cool park and played in the grass. Luke's favorite new thing is playing baseball. He has this little ball that sits on a tee (but its really small and not like a real tee) and hits it with the bat. He is a little obsessed actually. Its pretty cute. He hits it then says again and does it all again.

The doctor did mention that he likes to start trying to put them on the potty at 18months. I am not sure if we will do that or not. A potty training guide a friend gave me said optimal time she has found was 22 months which seems a little more likely so I guess we will wait and see where he is in the next 2 months and see if we should give it a go or wait for a few more months. He also would like to have the bottle and pacifier gone at 18 months. We are down to 1 bottle per day in the morning and I don't know how we are going to get it away from him. He is not the most pleasant child in the morning until after his bottle. I don't blame him either because I am not pleasant at all in the morning. I try to not be irritated but Jason just smiling at me or saying anything at all irritates me. This morning he got up and just the sound of him peeing irritated me! I need help. The pacifier is going to be difficult too. He only gets it in his bed and its not like he is sucking on it all night long but the doctor was concerned about his teeth so we will work on not using it. I may wait until after our Vegas trip.

Speaking of Vegas we are now going twice in November. The first time we are going with Ryan and Loralyn for 2 nights no babies! I'm soooooooooo sad and don't want to leave Luke but it will be good to get away before we start trying for another baby. The second time is for an accounting meeting and we will take Luke with us and Luke and I will hang all day alone while Jay does his meetings. It will be fun just to get away and Luke loved the hotel last time so even if we spend all our time there it will be good. I have some friends and family there I would like to try and see also!

By the way if you can't tell by my new background I am very much looking forward to Fall. I love summer and we have had a fantastic one but I love fall and getting ready for Halloween and all the other fun stuff!

No comments: