Sunday, July 4, 2010

Kaminsky Family Summer Party

We had our first and I'm hoping to be annual fake 4th of July party this weekend. We did it on July 3rd since everyone usually had stuff to do on the 4th. It was a lot of fun. First we went down to the pool where Luke and Rory really had a lot of fun. After that we went back to the house to grill up some yummy magic coffee rubbed flank steak and corn along with lots of other snacks and food. I have to say I was absolutely horrified at all the junk my kid ate and how dirty he got. He had about 7 or 8 slices of watermelon (Jason counted 6 that he gave him and I gave him at least one or two pieces myself) and then Auntie Loralyn filled the snack cup with baked cheetos and Luke and Rory sat in the wagon and ate tons and tons of them until they were both orange. Then when it came time for dinner Luke didn't touch his burger but did eat the pickles I put on his plate. Not to mention the bites of Smores he got from me and who know what he got from other people. He doesn't normally eat that much bad food in a week let alone one evening! Then I have no clue what he got into because he had black soot like stuff all over and then he was playing with the sidewalk chalk. He was soooooo dirty. As soon as our guests left him and I took a shower to get him ready for bed. We had an amazing night and want to thank all of our bestest friends for coming! Here are some of my favorite pics:

Luke and Rory wanting nothing to do with each other

At the end of the evening my very dirty child

After his shower he is getting ready for bed doing what he does best bottle and running his fingers through his hair.

This little dude is so darn cute!

Boston being a silly police officer

Ryan, Jason, & Dylan

Miss Aurora and her funny faces!

Aurora and Boston sitting in a tree...

Luke is all boy running around barefoot getting dirty and pushing a dump truck.

Jason was trying to show off Luke's grilling shirt and his apron but Luke did NOT want that to happen.

Cheeto face

Another cheeto face

Rory is trying to get the snack cup and Luke is NOT happy and holding on to it for dear life

The cutest kiddos :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like fun. I love the picture where Rory is trying to steal Luke's snack cup, the look on his face is priceless!

Loralyn Cross said...

YAY for fake 4th! Cant wait to make it an annual event. We can trade hosting if you want. We had so much fun and that rub was YUM, can I get the recipe? Our kids are awesome.