Monday, April 26, 2010

I know I just put up his birthday post but I had to write some of this stuff before I forgot!

Luke has changed so much recently. His looks have definitely changed. All of a sudden the red hair Jason and I saw is now completely gone. This kid is blonde! Not sure how he got blond hair or what the heck it will be when he is older but right now it is completely blonde. Its like when we got his hair cut we cut off all the red. Then there is his eyes. Everyone says oh what pretty blue eyes. Well they are kind of blue and kind of green. They do change depending on what color he wears. I wonder what they will turn out to be or if this is it. I am still loving his hair cut. I love having the option to spike it or keep it down. I love that it makes him look a little older but still like my baby.

He also loves to talk. We can't understand a darn word he says but he gets really into it throwing his hands in the air and gets very loud. It is super cute and Jason and I just sit there and look at each other and laugh. We try to ask him questions and we pretend we know what he says. Sometimes it really does sound like he says stuff. Last night we grilled up some dinner outside and decided it was nice out and we ate our dinner outside. When we were done Luke starting chatting away and we swear he said Thank You. I know he didn't but it sure sounded like it. His new favorite game is to take clothes out of the laundry basket. Jason was trying to fold a bunch of laundry yesterday and Luke would take the clothes out and throw them down. He likes to throw everything. If there are any papers anywhere within his reach he will make sure to throw them on the ground. After about 20 minutes of fighting with Luke about the clothes I told Jason to go get the new drum Jason picked up for his birthday. So he got the drum and drumsticks out and Luke is for sure going to be a rock star! Funny because I always said I wanted him to be the guitar player or lead singer for the worship band at church and sure enough he just might do it. Hopefully he got my talent for playing instruments! So far so good. He can really bang those drums. The cutest part is that he starts singing too. Don't know how he knows to do that. He even did it this morning when my mom and brother came over. He likes to sing. If music is on he starts singing or humming along. He even hums while getting rides in his wagon.

He is really giving lots of kisses now. He started this a little while ago but it was always the super open mouth tongue kisses and the other morning when he woke up I went and got him and since I hadn't seen him the night before I kissed his cheeks so many times and meant to ask him to give me some love but accidentally asked for a kiss and he gave me a kiss right on the lips and his mouth was closed. Of course I asked him for kisses about 1000 times that day so he is a little over it now.

I am seriously so in love with this little man I can hardly stand it!! Well Wednesday we go to the doctors for his 12 month check up. Guess we will see if he has caught up in the size department. My guess is no because everyone always says how tiny he is which makes me laugh because Aurora is way smaller than him and I was way smaller than him. I kind of hope for a little tiny baby girl one day! Although I have recently decided if I have all boys and they look like Luke I am going to be the luckiest mama in the world!

1 comment:

Laura said...

It sounds like he is really growing up! It is so fun to see their personalities emerge, even though at times that can be challenging too! Hazel also loves to pull laundry out of the basket. In fact, she loves to dump anything out all over the floor, have me pick it up and then do it again!