Sunday, April 25, 2010

One Year Old

Well I guess I'm 4 days late but Luke turned 1 on Tuesday. What a week we had. It all started on Saturday with his first birthday party. Now people warned me that they went overboard for their first kids first birthday and they would never do it again. Well I was determined to have a big party no matter what anyone else said. My grandparents said we could have the party at their house. Their yard is perfect for lots of people. So my plan was to make enchiladas and cupcakes and everything that goes with it.

Wednesday before the party my mom came over and we started the enchiladas. She fried tortillas while I assembled. When she was done with the tortillas she left and I was trying to assemble but Luke woke up and was in a very bad mood. He wanted to be held. I was doing the best I could while I held him but was so happy to have Jason home to take over Luke duties.

The next day was April 15th. The last day of tax season!! Jason's mom was also coming in. I had to work half day and Jason was going to work in the morning and then picking his mom up right before the annual tax day lunch he does with his coworkers. When I got off work I ran some errands with Luke and my brother Kyle. Over all not a terribly stressful day quite yet.

Friday. I don't even know where to begin for Friday. My plan was to wake up and get to making some cupcakes. I knew I needed to make about 80 of them. Well I wasn't able to get started until 12:30. Then my good friend April came over around 1:30 to help me make tags for the goodie buckets with her mom's cricket (I want a cricket so bad!). Then when she left at 4 it was back to cupcakes. I had already made two batches of Vanilla Bean cupcakes and was on to my Hershey's Perfectly chocolate cupcakes. I made the most beautiful batch ever. They were perfectly round and super cute. I did notice they looked a little dark so I tasted the crumb that came off the toothpick and that is when I realized I forgot to add sugar. I was so angry!! So off to another batch. Finally I had enough cupcakes and started making the chocolate covered pretzels. By the time I finished everything in the kitchen it was 8:30. I had to finish the buckets and put the tags on which took an hour and a half. I used a beach pail with a shovel and filled it with some treats and candy, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and for the older kids a little mini version of barrel of monkey's. Then I was off to bed before the madness.

Saturday was crazy. I feel like I was just there in the background. It was so surreal to be celebrating my baby boys first birthday. I think overall the party turned out great. The Jumper was awesome. I got it for the older kids but they didn't even get in it and all the younger kids loved it. Luke was hilarious, he would get on his hands and knees and bounce. He had a great day! He was not fussy at all and he went to anyone who wanted to say hello. The best part had to be the cake. He got so messy we had to give him a bath before he could return to the party! The best party for me was hiring my cousin Pam to take pictures of the party for me. I would never have been able to do it, not to mention I have some awesome pics now! Thanks to everyone who came hope you had fun!! I know I've left a lot out but my brain is mush when I think about the party. So enjoy some of the pics! I got a disk with about 400 on it so these are just a few. There are so many good ones it was hard to pick. I will post more another day.


This was after his bath.

Oops I guess the pics are out of order. Here is Luke in the bath after cake

Love this one. He looks surprised the camera is there

Love it he is telling everyone to keep it down while he eats

So happy!

concentration

Getting ready to get dirty!

This is my favorite picture. He just looks so beautiful!

According to Jason & Shirley this is his "Bad Boy" look

Luke and his friend Boston

Being silly with his new friend Rose

So serious

This is my favorite non Luke pic! Jason, Chris, and Ryan

Aurora and her Grandma Lynn

Some Grandpa Bob lovin

The cupcakes. Loralyn helped me pipe the frosting on. Thanks L!

I made Luke a 6inch Vanilla bean cake and frosted it with all white. The second Loralyn got there I begged her to decorate it for me and it came out perfect!

Pre-party bouncing with Luke and Rory

No comments: