Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Weekend fun

I really was going to write about how Luke has been feeling but since there have been so many things he has had going on and it could take me forever to write about it all I will just say for the most part Luke is better. He still not quite back to his normal self but I will attribute that to teething. We also may have an allergy to strawberries but we are still unsure if that is what the problem was. Last week was very long for all 3 of us and I for one am glad its over. This was by far the sickest Luke has ever been and I'm looking forward to some healthy time!

This weekend was a really beautiful one is San Diego. On Sunday we got up to 89 degrees! We did lots of fun stuff this weekend. Jason had games on both Saturday and Sunday so Luke and I did lots of play time out front with the neighbors. Luke loves hanging with the neighbors he really likes Sophia but she is a little shy, although whenever we are not out her mom says she asks to play with Luke all day long. Saturday night we hung out with Chris and Becca. We went to Sushi then headed to their house for some Trivial Pursuit. They actually have a video game version on the playstation. Its really fun and Jason and I won! Well I should say Jason won because I only knew a couple of the easy sports questions and then the entertainment questions.

Sunday Luke and I said goodbye to Jason around 10 and then went out to play with Susie, Sophia, and Hunter again. Luke fell face first into the street and got a bump and bruise. Seems like these injuries are happening more and more. Luke thinks he is a big kid and can keep up with Sophia. Once we were done playing Luke went to sleep and mommy went to work on the kitchen. It looked so nice and clean I really love a nice clean kitchen! When Luke woke up we went to the grocery store to get ready for our BBQ with a couple of the neighbors. We had lots of fun playing and were outside until after 7. We had to carry Luke in the house screaming because he wanted to stay out and play. We are loving our neighborhood and the friends we have made there. It was a lot of fun. Made me realize how much I love having Jason home this time of year for all the fun BBQ's and playing outside until it gets dark. He missed that for 4 years and I know he is happy to be able to do stuff like that too. Its really fun now that Luke is walking and can chase after the older kids. He is such a big boy now.

Funny little story about Luke. He has been a lot more vocal now. Its funny because I know I say this about once a month but he really does talk more and more. Friday night we were doing our nightly bottle and play time in mommy and daddy's bed before Luke has to go lay down in his crib. After he drank his bottle he sat up and looked at us with a very funny intense look on his face and started talking and moving his hands in the air. He did this over and over for awhile. He was really trying to tell us something important. It was seriously one of the cutest things I have ever seen!

I put a deposit on the Jumper for Luke's party. I ended up getting a great deal. I looked around at a lot of different places and finally found one that was $85 plus a $10 coupon and no delivery fee so a Jumper for 5 hours $75! I am pretty happy with that! Now I need to practice Luke's cake and start to make lists of things to do. Hopefully more people RSVP so we know what to expect. Getting very excited. Just got an email today saying Luke is 49 weeks old. Holy cow only 3 to go until he is ONE YEAR. Wow I hope with the second kid it goes by a little slower (I can hope right?).

3 comments:

Pam Bowers said...

Love your new background. It has been gorgeous here. Glad you guys are having fun. Hopefully Luke feels 100% soon. I can't believe it's been a year. Do you still want me to take his pics? If so, I should come over soon to do some alone pics. Or maybe at a park on a slow day(not lots of kids around). Let me know. Either way, here is my rsvp for the 3 of us.

Sara St. Jean said...

Tell me about the strawberry allergy. Lincoln was given a strawberry this weekend---I was concerned when I found out that he was fed a strawberry since they are on the allergen list with peanuts and shellfish. Yikes!

Laura said...

Hazel has been having some small scale reactions to berries in general, which I guess is pretty normal for them at this age? We just keep trying them every few weeks to see if there is any improvement. It sounds like you guys live in a great place, how fun to be able to hang out with neighbors and their kids!