Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sleep

So the very night that I wrote about Luke not sleeping he started sleeping! We have had 3 consecutive nights of uninterrupted sleep! He has been good the last two nights he has slept 9 and a half hours!! So excited and hopeful we are turning a new leaf. The key has been to stick to his 9:00pm bed time, which we have down now and he doesn't even stand up and cry he just gets a little upset when Jason walks away for about 20 seconds then goes to sleep. We have never been ones to use the cry it out method but letting him learn to put himself to sleep has worked good. Yes we had to let him cry for 10 minutes a couple of nights but we never let him go one minute over 10 minutes because we don't really believe in the whole let them cry for 45 minutes if necessary. We both just don't have the heart for it.

Every single day his walking gets better and better. Its so cute to see him walking around. I just love this little man so much! My absolute favorite thing he does is if you say give me love he touches his forehead to yours. It is the cutest thing in the entire world. He has been doing it for months but its my favorite part of the day every time I get some love from the little guy. We now have very sloppy open mouth kisses to. It is a little gross but hey when your kid wants to give kisses you will take them. I also think he has tried to bite me a couple of times when he has been mad. The first time he tried to bite my face and when I moved it he grabbed me and tried to do it again. Then last night he was standing up and I took something away and he grabbed onto my leg and put his mouth on it. Hopefully by keeping up the telling him no and removing him from the situation works. We will see. He is a very opinionated little man and hie wants his way.

I have a new obsession. It started when I came across this womans blog entry about the birth of her little girl Nella. When she was born the mother realized she had down syndrome and she wrote the most beautiful story of how she felt and it made me cry like I haven't cried in a long time. That night I rocked Luke to bed and held him so tight and kissed him a hundred times. Well I have read every blog entry since then and check every single day to see if she has posted something new. Nella is so beautiful and her mom sure knows how to write! Check out her blog if you feel like crying a little:http://www.kellehampton.com/ I just can't get enough of her and her pictures! Start with Nella's birth story then you can go back and read the newest. I tried to post a link straight to the birth story but it didn't work so just go to the blog and scroll down to the bottom where it has all her posts and if you click January 2010 I believe its the first one that comes up. Love it!

No comments: