Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First Laugh!!

Today Luke laughed for the first time. It was a small laugh but still a laugh none the less. For the last few days Jason and I knew he was close to laughing because he started smiling and trying to make noise at the same time. I'm so glad he did it while Jason was home. Other than that today was not a very good day. We were supposed to go on a walk with some other mommies and babies and Luke had been grumpy when he woke up but I didn't really think anything of it so we get in the car to go and he starts screaming. I thought once we started driving he would stop but no suck luck and I had to turn around and come home. He would not let me put him down the rest of the day. Thankfully it was a day my mom got off work early and she came and took over holding Luke while I made dinner and picked up the house.

Luke turned 3 months old on Monday and Jason got a half day (because they were so tired from building a huge sand castle for the Imperial Beach sand castle contest so his boss let them off early) so we went to nighttime at the zoo with Chris and Becca. We had so much fun. The animals were very active especially the big Lion. Luke woke up while we were there and got to go in the carrier and see all the animals (although he was more interested in things like wood fences than actual animals). We then went on a long journey to find some place to eat dinner and ended up at a pizza place no one had ever been to.

1 comment:

Sara St. Jean said...

I'm so jealous of your night at the zoo. Sounds like fun. Missing CA and all of you guys. Would be fun to get together and hang out with the kids. I can't wait until we get our first laugh out of Link. We have gotten half a smile, but i think it is just from gas :(.