Sunday, July 12, 2009

12 Weeks


Well tomorrow Luke will be 12 weeks old. I only have 5 more weeks of maternity leave. I'm very sad. I don't want to leave him and go back to work. It will be very hard for me to leave him at daycare that first day (and all the rest of them).


Last weekend was a very busy weekend for us. Jason had Friday July 3rd off and so we went up to the Wild Animal Park. It was hot and miserable and we didn't last very long

Saturday we went up to Lake Elsinore for a BBQ at my uncle Mike's house and then we all went to the Storm game (Padres minor league team). Luke had a lot of fun at the game and didn't even sleep while we there. Since it was the 4th of July there were fire works but we didn't want to be in the park to watch them because it could hurt Luke's ears and so we watched from the car and he sure did like them. The next day Jason and I left Luke at home with my mom and went to a Padres game with our friend Lindsay. I had fun but don't think I will be ready to leave Luke again any time soon. Luke was good for my mom except that he didn't nap.


After such a long weekend and not very good naps I started working on getting him on a schedule and we did good most of the week. He actually took some good long naps in his crib. He is probably ready to be in his crib full time but I'm not quite ready yet.

Luke is getting bigger and bigger. On Thursday he weighed 11lbs 3oz. I can hardly believe it. Some of his 3 month clothes are getting a little snug on him. This week our family has been a little sick. Jason stayed home on Tuesday with a fever and cough. On Thursday night I was getting Luke ready for his bath and he felt very warm to me so I took his temp and it was 101.6 then the next morning he started coughing and he even vomited a few times (not like spit up but actual vomit). Saturday morning I woke up with a fever and cough. It was hard for me because Jason had 2 baseball games and I had to take care of Luke all by myself and of course he decided not to nap that day.


Luke got to go swimming for the first time today. He had fun. He likes the water a lot. Bath time is still my favorite time of day because he is so happy.



Luke's first time in pool




In his pool float


On his way to the pool






In his swim trunks



Watching the Lake Elsinore Storm game on 4th of July with my Uncle Mike



Go Storm!



Luke loves his daddy so much



Playing on the floor with Daddy



Luke in his big boy outfit



Sophie in her new spot



My sunflower cupcakes I made for my moms birthday

2 comments:

Pam Bowers said...

well, since I saw the pics already on facebook I will comment on the cupcakes. They are so cute. Good job.

Sara St. Jean said...

oh my gosh. these are sooooo cute! what beautiful cupcakes. they look too pretty to eat.