Wednesday, December 10, 2008

19 weeks and a little surprise!

Let me start by saying that my husband decided that for my birthday he would find out what we were having so today was the big day.

Before the U/S I had an appointment with the doctor for my monthly check up. My doctor was out today so we had a guy who actually retired in June but fills in for other doctors temporarily. I drank 32 oz of water before my appointment so that for the U/S I could have a full bladder. The doctor was over 45 minutes late coming to see me. By that time I couldn't sit I was ready to cry and was very mean to Jason who was just trying to be nice. I had to pee like I never had before. It hurt so bad I will never be able to do that again. So the new doc came in and he said that yes I needed a full bladder for the U/S but mine was so full he couldn't hear the heartbeat! He told me he would just let the U/S tech find the heartbeat and that I should go and empty my bladder just a little (now this is the second time they told me this today because the nurse made me leave a very small urine sample). Do you know how hard it is to just pee a little bit? It was miserable. So off I go into the U/S room where Jason and my mom are now waiting with the tech. So I get on the table and she puts the goo on my belly and she puts the probe on my belly and she says that she has never seen a bladder that full. My bladder was huge! She told me to empty it completely. So I cam back empty bladder and the first thing we got to see the little hands moving around which are the cutest hands in the world! The baby was moving around and being cute UNTIL it fell asleep. The U/S tech had me move on my side to get the baby to move and then to the other side. Finally my bladder was filling up a little and she said to go empty it again and jump up and down in the bathroom in hopes of waking the stubborn little thing up. So finally after 45 minutes it finally moved its legs and ITS A LITTLE BOY! Yep we are keeping with the Kaminsky tradition and having a boy. His name will be Luke Benjamin Jay (Benjamin is Jason's Grandpa's name and Jay is Jason's dads middle name). My friend April is having a boy so our little boys will be pals. Can't wait to see what Loralyn has!
Oh yeah the Doctor said I gained 3 pounds this month (which is the first time I gained) and that it was a great amount of weight since weeks 18-26 are when you gain the most (yikes). I was afraid to find out how much I gained since my belly has gotten so big the last couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Loralyn Cross said...

I'm so excited!!! Little Luke will be a doll, and I can't wait to meet him. :0)