Monday, September 14, 2009

21 weeks!

So there has been so much going on. We haven't had a free moment. Luke is growing and doing so much now. He is 21 weeks old. He even cracks himself up. He is working on all kinds of new sounds he can make and sometimes he thinks they are very funny and he knows they make us laugh so he does them and then laughs. He has changed SO much the last week. He is tearing it up in his excersaucer banging around on things. He seems to get a little hyper after his bath right now. We have a little routine of bath and then I lay him in his crib and turn on the mobile and lotion him up head to toe while he is talking and kicking and laughing. After that it used to be bed time but now its play time for a little while and then bed.



Luke is also going through the dreaded teething. I feel bad because there are just days where he is miserable and just moans and whines. He constantly has a fist in his mouth chewing away and you have to be very careful when your finger is anywhere near his face because he will find it and chomp down hard. He loves his teething rag and really is getting into his Raffi (Sophie the giraffe teething toy). Today he was a little more uncomfortable than usual so we had to give him some tylenol while at daycare. Poor baby!

My best friend Loralyn brought to my attention today that she calculated that at her current rate of pumping (breastmilk) of 5 times a day if she kept it up for a year that would equal 20 full days worth of pumping. I did my own little calculations of my own. For Luke's first 3 and a half months when he was still getting up in the middle of the night I had pumped over 800 times and about 8 and half full days. Wow! If I were to continue until my sweet boy is 1 year old (like I originally planned while still pregnant and had the glorious dream that nursing would be easy) I would have spent about 25 days pumping. Wow if that were my job I would have made over $12,500.00 from the 600 hours of pumping in a year! Wow could I get a job pumping?!?

In other news our lives have just changed a little bit. I have been told by work that I will be forced to cut my hours down. I will now only be working 3 days a week. There are two sides of this and the first side is that I'm happy to spend more time with Luke but the other side is I know it will be a struggle financially and I don't want Jason to stress out about it. I actually feel bad for my daycare lady because I told her we would be there 4 days a week and now we will only be there 2 so she is going to be out $55 per week. She has a baby on the way and I'm sure it has stressed her out as well. Seems unreal to me that this is actually happening. I have been there for 9 years and can't believe after all this time we are haivng to do this.

I also had my launch party for H2O at home. Thanks to all those that came and especially to April who booked my first party. I will be giving my very own demo on October 3rd! At this point I really need to start booking some parties because we really need the money. I have been using the products in my kit and really love them! There is this dishwasher pouch and it has these beads in there and all you have to do is pump a little of their regular dishsoap on it and put it on the top rack and your dishes come out sparkling clean. No more dishwashing detergent for me! I'm loving everything I've tried so far.

2 comments:

Loralyn Cross said...

It makes me sad that they teeth for like 2 months before they even get any teeth and that its going to last for like 2 years!

Im so proud of you for staying committed to pumping as long as you have considering everything that has been thrown at you guys - you are a pumping rockstar.

And I know times are hard right now but we will get through it! We have to, for our families, we will find a way. :0) Love you so much.

Nicole Kaminsky said...

Thanks Loralyn. I love you too!!!