Monday, September 21, 2009

5 months!

Luke has been here for 5 months now. I can't believe how time flies. I know I say this practically every week but still it does. We had a wonderful day as a family yesterday on Luke's 5 month birthday. We went to a really awesome place called Santee Lakes and fed the ducks some old bread we had and walked around exploring the place since Jason and I both had never been there before. We are seriously discussing having Luke's first birthday party there. They have play areas for kids including a little mini water playground and rock wall for them to climb. They have lots of picnic tables and a clubhouse. I know we have 7 more months until his birthday but we did have to decide on a day for his party yesterday too. Jason will start umpiring college games this year and they needed his schedule that he is available from January through June. So we had to figure out the birthday party and what Saturdays I would need to work and him take off to watch Luke. Hopefully it all works out or we will have to ask my mom to watch him.

Luke got his first real baby food yesterday (other than rice cereal). We started with Sweet Potatoes. I am making all of Lukes food so we went shopping yesterday to buy some organic veggies. So far I have made zucchini and squash from Becca's garden and the sweet potatoes. I made so many sweet potatoes that I'm going to give some to Loralyn for my precious Rory. By the way making baby food is SO easy. So worth it! Luke did not like the first bite but then he warmed up to the idea and ate the whole bowl (it wasn't really that much). Today he was really hungry and just wanted his milk so he only had a couple bites. I have lots of pictures to update but I left my camera in his room and he just went to sleep so I will do a photo post soon.

No comments: