Saturday, June 13, 2009

My very big boy

Things are going good around here. Luke is getting big. In Jasons words " his face and head are huge". He gained 20 ounces in 10 days! I couldn't believe the scale. I weigh him once or twice a week at my breastfeeding group and I could not believe my eyes I thought the scale wasn't right so I did it again and he was weighing in at 9lbs 2oz. We have now grown out of the newborn diapers and newborn clothes. As I was packing up the newborn and preemie clothes I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the preemie onesies. They are so tiny and I can't even remember him being that small. Its incredible when you see them everyday you just don't really notice how big they are getting. Some days his hair is really really red and some days not so much but it is slowly changing starting with the sides and movings its way up.


On June 5th he smiled at me when I was talking to him. It was 5:00 in the morning and I ran into the bedroom and woke up Jason and we tried to get him to smile again and he did! He is all smiles now. He seems to know my mom and smiles at her too. He has the most fun playing on his play mat and watching the mobile on the pack n play. He goes crazy for those two things. The mobile on the pack n play are just three little bears and you have to wind it up every 3 minutes and when it runs out and you start to wind it up again he gets a big smile on his face.

We are not doing good on the breastfeeding right now. I have been pumping and giving him bottles. Because of the thrush he just doesn't want to nurse. Hopefully once everything is all better we will be able to nurse again and get much better than ever before.

We have our 2 month check up on Wednesday. He is going to get 3 shots and some oral thing. I am not looking forward to this because it made my friend April's son Jaylen sick. I know they get sore and cranky but we just got through a rough couple of weeks and I am not looking forward to anymore rough days.
The only other new thing going on for us is that Jason and I are getting baptized tomorrow. I am very excited!

Here are some photos of my sweet baby boy and a video at the very end of Luke playing.




3 comments:

Pam Bowers said...

He's so stinkin' cute Nicole. I could just kissy kissy him on the face. In some of his pics he looks just like Kyle. I hope you are okay mama!

mom/nana said...

Nicole and Jason. I loved the video of my grandson. I agree with Pam, I could kiss him all up. I can't wait till I see him again, hopefully real soon. I'm working on it. Hope you and Jason are doing good. By the way congratulations on getting baptized. Love you all!
Mom/Nana

Pam Bowers said...

Yo Nicole, I was given my first blog award. I am passing it on to you. Come by my blog to grab it.