Thursday, June 25, 2009

9 weeks Old!

I can't believe he is 9 weeks now. Where in the world did the time go? Although to look at Luke he has changed a lot in 9 weeks. A week ago today he weighed 9lbs 11oz and was 21 3/4 inches tall. His doctors appointment went good. He just cried a little for the shots and as soon as I picked him up he stopped. We did have a mini meltdown about 4 hours after the shots but I just took him for a little ride in the car and he calmed down. While we were at the doctors he said the thrush looked like it was almost gone and I explained to him that everytime it gets like that a few days later it is really bad again. I told him that I was sterilizing everything after every use and he said that is part of our problem. By sterilizing you are killing off the good bacteria so the yeast has no competition. As of yesterday it was getting worse again so I called the doctor and he is having us use a different medication so hopefully this one will work for us. Luke started taking some vitamin drops yesterday. They totally smell like vitamins and I wasn't sure if he would like it so I just mixed it with his bottle and he took it. We also got to start giving him some water. The first time I gave it to him he started sucking away at the bottle then all of a sudden he realized it wasn't milk and he slowed down and was looking around like what the heck is going on here. Now he loves it. We just give him a little bit here and there. The doctor wants him to get used to it before we start him on juice and stuff.

Well my favorite part of the day has become bath time. Luke could be happy, sad, tired, or screaming his head off and once you set him in the water he is instantly happy. I had been telling my mom about how much he likes his baths and so when she came over yesterday we gave him a bath and she didn't think he was going to like it because he was awfully grumpy but sure enough he started smiling and kicking his legs. It really is the best part of our day.

We had our first fever over the last couple of days. Poor Luke did not feel good. He is back to his happy normal self today and at this very moment is taking his first nap in his crib. He had fallen asleep on me and Jason put him in the crib and he woke up but never cried and eventually put himself to sleep. He is not going to sleep there at night for another month or so but I would like for him to take naps during the day in there. We got the video monitor set up and it is so nice to be able to see him while he is in there all by himself.
Next weekend is 4th of July weekend. On the 4th my moms family is heading up to Lake Elsinor to go see the Storm play ( Padres high A team) that should be fun. Then on Sunday Jason and I are going to the actual Padres game to see the Padres beat the Dodgers (he he don't tell Jason I said that!). We are going to leave Luke with my mom. I'm very nervous but I know Luke loves my mom so they will be fine. It will be nice to have some fun away with my husband and Lindsay!
Well here are some new photos of Luke. My mom now calls him a butterball. He is getting so chubby. I guess its good because he did not have any fat on his body when he was born. He was so skinny. Now he looks more like other babies to me.

Uncle Kyle and Luke



Great Grandpa and Luke


Papa and Luke


Enjoying bath time




We went and had this done and I just love how it turned out


Luke and Rory, look how much chubbier he is than her now she is so cute and petite.

No comments: