Friday, April 3, 2009

35 weeks and swelling!

Well I am now 35 weeks. Only 5 to go (hopefully). I wake up with swollen feet and legs and then it just gets worse as the day goes on. By the end of the day my hands are swollen too. I try to put my feet up at work as much as possible and just hope that the doctor doesn't tell me to stop working because I really don't want to take much time off before Luke is here. I want all my time off to be spent with him so wish me luck. Here is my 35 week picture. I know I know I'm HUGE. I seriously think its impossible to get much bigger. I hope he is not a huge baby! We were looking at this picture next to the 23 week picture a few entries down and it is amazing how big I got in 12 weeks. And I thought I was huge at 23 weeks.


My friend April had her baby yesterday! He was 3 weeks early. He is adorable. Jason and I went to see them at the hospital yesterday. Jason's cousin also had a baby yesterday. A little girl 9lbs 8 oz! Makes me very excited. It also makes me nervous because April was early and so that means we really need to be prepared. Jason has been saying this for weeks. April didn't have a bag packed for the hospital yet and Jason has been telling me the last few weeks we might as well just get it done but I thought it was silly to do it so early but I guess he is right. Darn. So on Sunday we are going to get the last piece of furniture (a book shelf type thing) for the baby room and we are going to work on it just in case he came early. Plus we need to put the car seat bases in our cars and take them down to the sherriff's station to make sure they are installed properly. Guess I better find some energy this weekend.
Our little girl Sophie has decided that the car seat is hers. I had put a receiving blanket around it so that in case she got in it and sure enough it took a couple of weeks but every night by 9pm we can't find her and sure enough she is sleeping in the car seat. She sleeps there ALL night and then comes in to lay with me for a few minutes before the alarm goes off. She used to sleep with us every night but now she sleeps in Lukes room in the car seat. I'm kind of sad because I miss her cuddling with me. I keep telling Jason maybe we need to go get a used car seat for her so she could have her own! Here are some pictures of the princess in her new space.

2 comments:

Pam Bowers said...

Awe Nicole, I think you look great. Sorry about the swelling. Sounds uncomfortable. I can't wait till Luke is here. You'll be ready!

Loralyn Cross said...

You look great. And the look on your face is exactly how I feel too!!!! Oh man am I glad to be going through this with you, otherwise I would feel like there is no one on earth who understands how I feel.