Thursday, February 4, 2010

9 month update

I guess considering we got our weekly email for baby updates today and it said 9 month update week 3, I figured I better get some pictures and info updated on here since before I know it Luke will be 10 months old.

Well we have a very hyper 9 month old boy. I now know where the term bouncing baby boy comes from. Luke seems to have endless energy. It seems to be working to our advantage because he has been tired and gone to bed before 10 (actually last night before 9) and slept through the night(knock on wood)!! He had to go to the doctor last week because he has been having some weird skin issues. He first has had a rash on his neck for 3 months. The doctor told us its a yeast infection and to put lotrimin on it. Didn't help and now it is behind his knee and ear. Now those have turned into a bacterial infection, then he got a rash all over his face. Seriously he looked really bad for a few days. In the pictures you will see later he is much better than he was. His body also has random rash spots which the face and body are all eczema. That is easy to manage (we hope!). Then there is a patch in his diaper area that is a yeast infection. Seriously this kid has his dads skin! Well after a week of antibiotic ointment he has not gotten better so he will start on oral antibiotics tonight. Next step is for us will be to make an appointment with Dr. Krakowski (one of my vets husbands who is a pediatric dermatologist at childrens hospital).

I was just writing in his baby book last night that when we had friends over on January 15 he could barely stand up on his own and he could only take 1 or 2 steps at a time with the push toy ( and Rory was doing circles around him with the push toy!). Well about 10 days later he is a pro now. The only hard part is we have hard floors and the toy slides a lot so its hard for him to get up when he is not on the rug but he does it. He is getting pretty good about falling on his knees so its really easy for him to get back up. He is just growing by leaps and bounds every day. He is starting to turn into a little boy and is definitely not my baby anymore (at least he doesn't think so). He is getting much more independant. Last night he had us cracking up, he was crawling around in the hallway chasing after a baseball. As soon as he would get it he would roll it somewhere else and then chase after it. Now all of a sudden he is very interested in seeing how long he can stand on his own. He will pull himself up on something then let go. He can go a couple of seconds before falling.

The busy time of year is upon Jason. He is starting to stay a little later at work sometimes and he starts baseball in full swing this weekend. He has one game Saturday, two Sunday, one Monday, and then two in Compton next Friday and this is only the beginning. At least he is making some good money for the huge bash I want to throw for Luke's first birthday! I have been agonizing over locations for 2 months now and I think my grandparents are going to let us throw it at their house! I'm excited because they have a nice backyard so we can really put the 85 or so people that are on the list! I really only have 2 and half months until the party. I have to mail invitations in less than 2 months. My big plan is to cook and make all the cakes/cupcakes. Not sure I will be able to pull it off but I will try! I can't believe my little man is getting so big. I had a very emotional day the other day and after Jason gave Luke his bath he was waiting for me to come lotion him up ( Jason hates to put lotion on Luke unless he absolutely has too!) and when I got in the room Luke is standing naked in his crib bouncing up and down. He just looked way to big and cute. Think I'm slowly getting ready for another one!

Another topic that has got me a little sad is my milk. Since Valerie has been on maternity leave its been harder and harder for me to get back to the back room and pump. I went from pumping 3 times a day at work and 3 at home to 2 at work and 3 at home and my milk wasn't very happy. I feel like every single day I have less and less. At this point I have started Luke on 1 or 2 bottles of formula a day. He hated it at first but has since warmed up to it. I should be happy because now I won't be tied to the pump an hour and a half a day and I can go to bed early. Plus its nearly impossible to pump when its just me and Luke unless he is sleeping. He is constantly on the go and can't be bothered to sit in the pack n play or jumperoo until I'm done. I am slowly weaning us (me and Luke). I am down to 3 pumping sessions a day. I actually pumped last night at 7:30 and was able to enjoy the rest of the evening with my boys and be fast asleep by 10! I haven't done that well in 9+ months. Usually I would stay up and pump at 10:30 and then right at 6 in the morning so I didn't go too long and my milk wouldn't dry up. Since Luke never nursed I had to be on top of my pumping or my milk would go away. So for the first 3 and half months I pumped 8 times a day, then I went to 6 until the last couple of weeks when I have done 5! I can't even imagine doing that again. My next kid better nurse or will be formula fed once I go back to work

Her are some pics. Luke is very much into posing right now. You say to him Luke smile for the camera and he stops what he is doing and smiles, however most of the time the flash makes him close his eyes!


He is him posing




This is a really bad angle. He looks so chubby but I love the hat!

My uncle Pat and Melissa, and Amanda visiting from New York.
Just found out that they will be having a little boy in June!


Family after dinner on their last night here.

Primo Pat from Arkansas also came for visit. Luke loves him but
Primo is a little camera shy.

My little man with his rash.

This is the original pose he has been doing for months so cute.

Luke and Jaylen playing in the pack n play while we played some cards...Rory was tired
so she went to bed! I love their faces like we didn't do it we are sweet little boys.

2 comments:

Pam Bowers said...

Nicole, he's growing so big. Such a cutie. Sorry about the milk part. That's a bummer.

Laura said...

Luke is so sweet! Sounds like he and Hazel are doing some of the same things, including trying to stand up (if just for a few seconds!) She also closes her eyes when she even just SEES a camera in anticipation of the flash!